O’Melveny Park is a public park located in the Santa Susana Mountains, in the Granada Hills community of the northern San Fernando Valley, in the northernmost portion of the City of Los Angeles, California.
The park is named after Henry W. O’Melveny, in 1927 one of the original members of the California State Parks Commission. Originally called C.J. Ranch, O’Melveny Park was purchased in 1941 by attorney John O’Melveny of O’Melveny & Myers and later acquired by The Trust for Public Land and turned into a park.
O’Melveny Park is the second largest public park in Los Angeles after Griffith Park. O’Melveny Park is managed by the City of Los Angeles Department of Recreation and Parks.
It provides large grassy areas, picnic tables, and is known for its hiking and horse trails and the views they lead to. Near the entrance is a grove of citrus trees,nearly all of which are Grapefruit.
A caretaker resides in a residence in the park.